You have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear! Or so you think. You don’t have to stress over buying a bunch of new things. Chances are you have great items in your closet already. If not, don’t concern yourself with spending a ton of money. A simple white camisole that shows off your collarbone works just fine.
Here are some guidelines for preparing for your photoshoot:
Choose dresses and shirts that are fitted & feminine. Avoid bold prints, but think of including lots of textures like lace, leather, silk, feathers, and glitter. Find tops with interesting necklines and various sleeve lengths.
I ask each client to bring the following:
- All black outfit or dress
- All white or pale neutral outfit (white, cream, silver, pale rose, gold). You can pair this with jeans if you like.
- An outfit with color – Preferably jewel tones.
- A wildcard outfit-The outfit you would wear to your birthday party or New Year’s Eve party
- Strapless bra or tube top
- A blazer, shrug, shawl or jacket of any color or style (this is an often overlooked essential)
- A pair of natural looking false eyelashes
- Coordinating bracelets, necklaces, earrings & accessories
- Shoes will not be photographed, so no need to bring several options of those
- If you have sensitive skin, please bring your own make-up for our artist to apply
- If you’re taking group photos, make sure at least one of these looks coordinate
Before the session:
- Visit the hair salon or have fun with a wig. Choose a style you love. If possible, a hairstyle with soft, flowing curls that frame the face is preferred.
- Paint your nails & toes. Clear is fine.
- Shave anything that needs shaving.
- Starting a week before the shoot drink lots of water, avoid added sugar, reduce your intake of starchy foods.
Here are a few samples I’ve collected from my Pinterest Board.